$30 Cupcakes


MAY 5, 2014


Hello people who I hope have not spent $30 on cupcakes before,

It was for the ward fundraiser auction thingy. All four of us missionaries split it. Gourmet, homemade cupcakes from our neighbor (so E. Frost and I got a sample, so we knew they were good). Definitely worth the $7.50.

I did not bring anything with me to emailing, since we decided to go earlier spur of the moment. 

On Wednesday, Seth got his baptismal interview. He passed. We were all happy. You know what that means? Satan decided to up his game. The next day, we learn that, after a family issues, he is living with his real dad in Victorville, who won't let him get baptized. Seth still wants to, but obviously it's not going to happen for a while. So no baptism this Saturday. We were pretty bummed, along with members of the ward. We are helping his sisters come to baptism. They are well on their way. They just need to ask their mom for permission, which is the big step. We see them every two weeks, so we are hoping and praying for the best.

That's pretty much the update for our teaching. We have been teaching at least 20 lessons a week, but we need to find more. Our President called us to repentance in his weekly letter today, since out of the 109 areas, the mission is finding 70-110 new people to teach, which isn't enough. We aren't talking with everyone, and it's true. I used to be pretty good about, and it goes up and down for me as time goes on. So, of course, I am going to get back up there, and keep it up there. I am reminded of D&C 60:2-3, which would not only go for me, however, so all you people out there better open your mouths!! People are waiting!

A lot of stuff is going to happen in San Bernardino.   I wouldn't be surprised if there was a temple here in the next four or five years. District leaders, and a few other missionaries, are being invited to the next Missionary Leadership Counsel, which is usually a Zone leader meeting. Some people from Salt Lake are coming to evaluate and teach us. On top of that, out of all the missionaries in the mission, the head of the Missionary Department of the Church is coming to go work with the other missionaries in our ward for about five hours tomorrow. So they are pretty nervous. It'll be great, though. 

I am starting to realize more and more the changes that the mission makes on me, or is calling me to make. It really is preparing me for life. Which means life is going to be hard. Oh goody. :) On the other hand, this means life is going to be just as exciting (if not more, which I am sure it will be) as the mission! A lot to look forward to, and a lot to work towards. Good things a head. I have only nine months left to prepare. Keep me in your prayers.

And send me a letter! That would be nice too.

Can't wait to talk to the family next week!!!! :O

Elder Summerhays
I don't always drink butter-beer, but when I do I'm at the Bishops house (ala Harry Potter)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket