I Pet a Llama!

April 21, 2014


Hello those who thought there weren't any llamas in So. Cal,

You may be right. There was only one. It was in a guys yard during a yard sale. You could rent it if you want.

It's been a strange week. A good week, but it was a little off. We didn't teach as many lessons as we wanted to, partly due to all the service we did, and (ironically) partly due to Easter.

Easter was fantastic. Church was amazing! We had wonderful speakers. Someone who was taking a medical break from their senior mission gave a great talk, then we sang in the choir, then Bishop gave a talk. He said that he, like many others, love feeling the spirit through music, so he said he would go away from his notes briefly, and have everyone stand up and sing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". That's the second time someone has done that in the ward, and it's awesome! Then he gave a really great (and quite poetic) talk on the Resurrection. Our classes afterward were wonderful, talking about Christ and watching great videos on Christ. The Bible Videos that the Church has put out are AMAZING! Even when it's not Christmas or Easter, watch them! In fact, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQL1iqOBZxo
Missionary Peeps - Called to serve



Then the rest of our Easter was practically spent at a member's and their families. We helped hide eggs, eat food, and other stuff. We ate so much. This mission is going to give me so much motivation to eat healthier and not as much when I get home. 


I read my patriarchal blessing for the first time in a while. For those of you that have it, always read it! I always think "Pff, I've read it bunches of times before, what could I possibly learn this time." Then I read it. "When did that get there? My mind is blown". For those of you that don't have it, prepare to get it, then get it. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, go to www.mormon.org and ask the missionaries! It gave me a lot of comfort. Satan will always try to make you feel down, and I find that, if you study the scriptures, pray, go to church, and treat others with love, Satan loses. 10 times out of 10. It's the "No Duh" of life. Even when someone yells out to you a couple times "Children of the Devil!!!" on your way to an Easter dinner, you can't help but smile. Sure, you would have liked to turn around a give him a thing or two to think about, but then you remember that you have the restored gospel, and you keep on being happy. Even when it was Nation Pot Smoking day on Easter, and all the dispensaries were celebrating with loud music, it's not hard to remember why you are biking in suit pants and a tie. Because Christ is risen, and everyone needs to know about it. 


Share the Gospel. Share the Love of Christ. Give someone a hug.

Love you all,

Elder Summerhays


PS
I forgot to mention something funny. After seeing a mystery charge on my card at a Chevron that wiped my card clean, as well as hearing that a restaurant that I recently went to has a small reputation for swiping cards, I called the mission office. "My" last purchase was made in Heyward, CA, wherever that it. So they cancelled the card, and I will get a new one in a couple weeks. I decided to call my home bank just to make sure my home funds were good, since I had some trouble the other day using it. I had forgotten that my Mom had gotten me a new card, so the card that I had was cancelled. I had two cancelled cards, and one dollar in my wallet. I'm glad I have a stash of birthday money in my drawer. Apparently I am the 9th missionary to have their card number swiped. Purchases have been made as far as Alaska. 


Fun stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket