I Am SOoo Tired

APRIL 28, 2014


Hello those who probably did not do as much service as me this week,

Mormon Helping Hands was a lot easier last year, when I was in crutches. We helped a member of our ward "prep" for Mormon Helping Hands the day before. By prepping, it was pretty much starting early, because it wasn't going to get done in the four allotted hours. It was 10 hours on Friday, and 8 hours on Saturday. Doing what? Helping paint a fence around a community pool. Elder Frost and I held up the spray guard to prevent the paint from getting everywhere, which, once the wind picked up, was like trying to hold up a sail. We also masked the bottom of the poles so it didn't get on the concrete, as well as wiping it down with steel wool. The member did the painting, since that was his profession. Nothing really that hard, it was just for a very long time. It took forever to scrub the paint off my arms. The pictures don't do it justice. As much as I love service, I would be fine if I never did that again in my life. 


We found two new investigators (people we are teaching), two days in a row, with the same last name and no relation (as far as we know). Both of them we contacted on the street. One is more interested than the other, but all is great. We are hoping for the best. 

Because of our many service opportunities, not much really happened this week. But, we are excited for this week. Seth is pretty much ready for baptism! He just needs to be interviewed, and taught a couple more things! It's great to see a family come back into the church, along with a baptism! Then they will get sealed, and live eternally ever after! It will be a nice way to end the week. Pray for him! The week before the baptism is always hard!

To those that read this letter, how goes your family/individual scripture study? I assume most of those that read this are LDS, but even still, there is always scripture and prayers to be said. One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is when Christ teaches that we should pray always. 3 Nephi 18:
"18 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always  lest ye enter into temptation; for Satan desireth to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. 19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name; 20 And whatsoever  ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right,believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you. 21 Praying in your families unto the Father, always in my name,that your wives and your children may be blessed."
 Do it. Blessings come. It may be hard, because there is "never a good time." So just make it work, and see how God will bless you. I could tell you the blessings, but I think for now I will just let you figure it out. :)
Thanks for everything!
Elder Summerhays

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket