Gunshots and Conference

April 7, 2014


Hello those that can and should listen to the words of prophets and apostles,

Conference was amazing. I can't wait to read it so I can get the most out of the ones with thick accents or the ones that I just happen to be a little drowsy on. If you missed it, or are unfamiliar with what General Conference is, watch it here! Pick a talk, any talk! I especially loved Elder Uchtdorf's. He's awesome. 

Just a few highlights:

-On Tuesday, we heard three gunshots close to our apartment. We were kind of sketched out, especially when the helicopter started flying around our heads. We started walking to District meeting, which just happened to be in direction of the shooting. There was a bunch of broken glass on the ground, and a bunch of cops. Our whole block was eventually blocked off. Then it was all clear in a couple of hours. Never did get the full story. I think someone shot a car because of one reason or another, but no one killed. :) Yep. I'm living the good life. 
-Our dinner one night was a relief society activity. It was waffles for dinner. It was also April Fools day. Everyone had to eat their waffles with chopsticks. Because of the supernatural dexterity of my digits, I was successful. 
-Lots of exchanges. Met lots of people. Taught lots. Blew many minds. 
I "mustache" you about the gospel because I can't "shave" it for later
-I continue to be more and more grateful for the worldly and spiritual things that I have. San Bernardino is quite the "humble" place. Never take things for granted, especially the gospel. Follow the counsel of E. Ballard and study Preach My Gospel. Invite at least one person each quarter to hear what us missionaries have to say! The more you share, the easier it will be! I promise. 

I should probably make better entries in my journal. I'm sure funny things happen, but they just slip away. I guess they are just good for the moment. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN! 

I love you all, and I love this gospel. Be obedient to God's commandments, and let the blessings roll in. In my "spare" time, I have decided to memorize the Sermon on the Mount. Yep. Wish me luck. 

Elder Summerhays



Me and a delicious plate of Musubi! I love this stuff. Seaweed, rice and soy sauce, and spam. Tasty Poly treat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket