One Down and One to Go

February 2, 2014



Hello people who are younger, older, or the same age as me!

Yep! I have officially been on my mission for one year! I have approximately 358 days left (but who is counting?). While a lot has happened, I will just give the highlights of the week. Here I go.

-BOBBY GOT BAPTIZED!!!! After not knowing God for 45 years, meeting with the missionaries for about two years, and going to church for who knows how long, he finally took the first step towards repentance and got cleansed of his sins! The gospel is true! I know this couldn't have been possible without the Book of Mormon. It is a perfect example of the promise in the Introduction to the Book of Mormon, "Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world." Yep, no other explanation besides that's it's true.
-Nacho has gone without coffee and alcohol for a while now, and has felt the promptings of the Holy Ghost. He shared with us that after he got out of the shower one morning, he felt the urge to read the Book of Mormon. It kind of confused him, but he quickly got dressed and hurried down stairs, and read the Book of Mormon. Proof that he can now hear the whispering of the Spirit because his mind is not affected by other substances. He may not make his scheduled baptism date, but he will eventually be baptized! Oh, and he said he has had troubles managing his finances, so we gave him the best two pieces of advice. 1) Continue to read, pray, and go to church, and eventually live the law of Tithing, and 2) Look up Dave Ramsey. :)
-We had the opportunity to give a tour of the stake center  with a counselor in the presidency. It went really well.  He didn't come to church or Bobby’s baptism like he said he might. Well, I guess he said he “might”, which leaves room for not coming. Dang it. 
-Twice in one day, we talked with members in law enforcement. My eyes are opened to the craziness of cop/detective life. We learned that the Police Academy is insane!  If I was more fit and didn't already have an interest in film, I'd probably be a cop. 
-I heard the Superbowl was a flop. I guess I'm not missing much. 

Yep, that is my life. Next week, I will be having my last birthday on my mission. I will be turning the Big 2-0. Wow. I am so "old". 

I am loving the gospel and all that it brings. Every time I take the sacrament I better understand how much God loves us. Ahh, I just can't believe there are so many non-believers, which is why we should all be "an example of the believers". For all you members out there, make sure you do your part by inviting and loving others! Ask the missionaries for Book of Mormons so you can have one in your car! Invite to church activities! Invite to dinner! Invite to church! Invite them to help you write and then hear you talk in church! Blessings are promised, and I am reaping them right now. 

Love you all,

Elder Summerhays


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket