Double Baptism

February 24, 2014


Hello those that probably didn't hold their right arm to the square and get their waist-down wet at 6:30pm PST,
Something I would like to state before anything else: I officially have no dress pants (besides my suit pants) left. I have somehow made a whole in all of them, the most recent being death by a handstand. Yep, life is good.
So yesterday was pretty great. Had baptisms for Nacho and Jesse! It was great. I got to baptize Nacho, and a friend got to baptize Jesse. The font room was packed. It was such a great experience. They both were super happy to be baptized. The program was great. Elder Treanor gave two talks in a day (sacrament meeting and at the baptism), so he was pretty worn out. That makes seven new members total of the Pioneer ward. Happy day. :)
I went on exchanges twice this week. There were two significant events, I would say, of those exchanges.
1. I biked at least couple miles up the steepest hill. At one point, I was in the lowest possible gear, and was still worn out. All in tight suit pants.
2. We went to a donut shop to teach a lesson. Afterwards, I went to buy a donut. I heard a teen brother and sister speaking Chinese to each other. So, hoping I wouldn't be offensive in any way, asked them if they spoke Mandarin Chinese. She said yes. I said I speak a little Chinese, in Chinese. Jaws dropped. Then I told her my name, what my friend's name, and asked for their names. It looked like I knew what I was doing, but in reality I used 90% of the Chinese I remember. To top it off, I blew their minds with magic tricks. I also blew the minds of the people behind the counter. No free donut, though. 15 minutes of fame. In a donut shop.
The other highlight of the week was our zone conference. We talked about a lot of stuff, but it seemed the focus was on Obedience, and Working with the Ward. Good scripture on obedience is Deuteronomy 8:2. Why are we on earth? The same reason they wandered for 40 years. 
Deuteronomy 8:2  And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. 
Really inspiring and motivating. I love it. This is the last week of the transfer, and I think I will probably go. I have baptized all the people I felt were going to get baptized, and now the people that are left have a ways to go. I think I have left my mark here in Redlands. I can't complain, though. Seven months in an area is pretty sweet, and I got a lot of stuff done. 
Me about 15 feet up picking the best oranges I have ever had in my life for a lady
Love you all! Oh, and my prediction for the apostle visiting our mission: Elder Christofferson. Back-Up Prediction: Elder Perry. Either way, send me suggestions for questions I should ask, if I get the opportunity.

E. Summerhays


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket