Happy New Year!

December 30, 2013



Hello Fellow New Year's Resoluters,
  
This past week was a little slow, since everyone decided to take a vacation. So visited and revisited members that were still here, and visited those we didn't usually see. Good thing they all like us.

Skyping with my family was awesome!!! This one made me a little more homesick than the first one. Probably because I am coming up on my year mark (11 month mark exactly today!!). I wish I had more time than around the 45 minutes that I got. "I didn't go on a mission to skype with my family, though!" :) Christmas on the mission, was great.  Next year, the Holidays will be even better, because at that point I would only have a month left on my mission, and will want to squeeze as much out of it as I can! That is going to come very quickly.


The highlight of our week was probably our lessons with Jesse. We reviewed the baptismal interview questions with him, and he is pretty much set. We haven't taught him everything yet, so there were some things he didn't know about, but he is very open and ready to learn. The only thing stopping the baptism: marriage. I hope they figure it out. Til then, we will just keep teaching and strengthening!

Today was yet another mission conference!
 Elder Kent F. Richards of the 2nd Quorum of the 70 was coming through town to visit family, and he asked President Van Cott if he could meet the missionaries. So he did! To summarize what we learned: Teaching simply, and to their understanding, so the Spirit can easily bare witness to them. That, and don't be a marshmallow hammer.




I love you all, and thanks for all the Christmas cards! I loved hearing from so many of you.  Keep the letters coming! :)

 Sincerely,


Elder Summerhays  


Family and Friends, Happy New Year to you all!
I want to thank all of you that sent cards, letters and packages to Caleb.  Sadly, our family gift to him was lost in the mail (still yet to be found) but because of all the love he received from you he didn't even miss it until we asked about it during the wonderful 40 min. we had him in our living room via Skype.  I know your letters and prayers truly sustain him and I hope you are blessed for your efforts.   With Love.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket