It's Still Hot


July 1, 2013


Dear family which I love, and friends which I also love - but not in the same way,

  am now OFFICIALLY in the Redlands Mission!  We had a goodbye testimony meeting with President Smart and his wife (who I told about  animationchefs.com!)  It was a great meeting.  At the end we took a picture together, and then we all highlighted our favorite scripture in a Quad President Smart had brought.  I snuck in two of my favorites:
2 Nep. 26: 23-24      For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
 and
1 Nephi 2:15      And my father dwelt in a tent.

 President Smart was an awesome leader. I will miss him.  I am looking forward to meeting our new pres, President Van Cott. 

We have been doing a lot of work with the less active members and it certainly keeps us busy. It's fun, too. If I don't baptize some one in this area, I will definitely help someone become active in the church again!  We also picked up a couple solid investigators this week, so I am excited for that. 

105 degrees? Guess it's time to tract
95 degrees?  Guess it's time to sleep
It is super hot here.  I took some picture of the temperature readings. 


 Crazy.  Don't worry, Mom, I apply sunscreen all the time.  Though the watch-tan manages to come in a little. 


I hope everyone is doing well.  Sorry for the short letter.  I have been so busy. 

Love you all,

Elder Summerhays

P.S.  Thank you wonderful family for my "Desert Survival Kit", I loved it!  I have most of it on for this picture.  The safari hat, sunglasses (polarized!), the mosquito net (orange?!), the tropical shirt, along with the snake bite kit - hope I don't need that! misting fan and water bottle and the letters and pictures and sunscreen and everything .  The Oreos have already helped us survive today.  The paper wallet JJ sent with the paper money was especially welcome.  Check out our back yard lawn - not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket