Week 3 !!!



Date: Monday February 18, 2013

Hey family,
Well, since you DIDNT WRITE ME AN EMAIL, I´m not sure what to respond to! Yeah, I know you sent me letters, but I forgot to bring them, so I forgot if you had any questions. I did answer some in that emergency email, though, so there´s that. I wish that I could write every other day and give mini updates. I´ve received a bunch of packages, a bunch of letters, and a bunch of love. There are so many missionaries here. When we leave tomorrow, there will be 200 missionaries going to California, the biggest group of any state/coutnry. It's going to be crazy.
 I accidently left my temple reccomend at my dorm, so when I got up to the temple, I had to go back with another elder from my district, who forgot his at home. I got some stuff done. There is a lot of packing to be done.
 The mission field will definitely be more exciting than the MTC. I haven't memorized any new scriptures for a while. I have began to put sticky tabs in my scriptures and stuff, with the colors of the tabs matching the colors of the lessons in Preach My Gospel.
I've been keeping my magic skills up here. I've primarily stuck with doing things with pens, rings, and occasionally coins. Going through the magic I brought, I realized how much I had left home. I know I should not be concentrating on stuff like magic, but it's good therapy to break it out every once in a while. I can't think of anything specific I left at the moment, but if you ever go through my boxes again, send me something you think would be appropriate.
I love all the letters that you guys send me. Tell JJ Thank you for the wonderful birthday card. Does dearelder.com work for elders out in the field? That would save me some time with the email. Even if it doesn't it would probably be best if you sent me letters instead of emails so I don't waste any time during the time I get to write you guys.
It seems like Animationchefs.com is doing well without me. I guess I should have left on a mission a lot sooner!  Just kidding. Ben and Noah better become super funny and entertaining, because I'm not sure how that show will last without it's brains, charm, humor, and good looks.  Btw, I have been telling my friends about it. They have written it down on a list of things to check up on in in two years. I should start one.
So, anything big happen in the world? Anything significant? And when does that commett fly over? It will probably be too late by the time you tell me. Oh well.
I love you all so much! Enjoy the pictures! Put them on the blog!
Oh, and read D&C 93. Why do we have scripture that deep and mind boggeling if all it does is confuse me and not help me (potentially) in the mission field?! I won't be telling investigators about intelligneces and stuff like that! Ugh...
Regardless, I love you all. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures when I land in the In-Land Empire. Seriously, everyone that I have talked to that has lived in, near, or had someone that served a mission in Riverside keeps telling us it's the best mission, and that we will love it.
Write me a bunch! If you don't have it already, my address to my mission home is--
Elder Joseph Summerhays
California Riverside Mission
5900 Grand Ave.
Riverside, CA
92504-1328

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket